Benefits of softened water
- Having a water softener installed in your home will provide real savings in your household. You will save significantly on the cost of servicing and replacing water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines and showers. Soft water extends the life of your household appliances and makes your pipes cleaner.
- Soft water improves the efficiency of heating systems by removing build-up of scale. Just 1.6mm of scale build-up in heating systems cause a 12% loss in heating efficiency!
- Just by using soft water, you can save up to 50% of washing powder and soap consumption, shampoos and cleaning detergents. Your laundry will be cleaner even at lower temperatures, and your clothes will last up to 30% longer!
- Softened water significantly relieves eczema and other dry skin conditions.
- Washing laundry in hard water can leave your whites gray, while washing in softened water makes it brighter and whiter.
- No more residue and scum in your bathroom and on the fixtures! Your softened water will rinse away completely without leaving spots, leftover film and unsightly deposits. You will have spotless dishes and sparkling shower walls.
- Softened water has a smooth silky feeling, making your bath time pleasant without the need for too much bath soaps and oils. Your skin and hair will feel soft and clean, with no hard water deposits that damage hair or soap curd that blocks skin pores.
- Considerable cleaning time is saved when washing with softened water.
- Your water will taste better! With no unpleasant taste and odour, your food and beverages will taste and look better.
According to the research by British Water and a Consumer's Guide to Water Softening, installing a water softener could save at least £200 a year for an average 4-person household.