Hard water is water that contains minerals from the soil and rock that have mixed in the water. Although hard water and soft water look the same, hard water can damage your appliances, pipes, skin, and health. So to avoid costly repairs and health risks, you need to find out if you have hard water. Now, the best way to find out if you have hard water is to get your water checked by professionals in water treatment. But there is a quick way to find out if you have hard water. To learn about it, read on.
The Hard Water Test
• Find a clean, clear plastic or glass bottle.
• Fill a third of the bottle with water from your tap. Make sure that the water is not hot.
• Keep in mind that hard water stops soap from making lather when soap is mixed with it.
• You also need to remember that many soap manufacturers include additives in soaps that create lather despite the water being hard.
• Find a simple soap that is free of additives such as detergents, dyes, and perfumes.
• Add four drops of this soap into the water in your bottle.
• Place the cap on the bottle and shake the bottle well.
• If the water is clear and the bottle is filled with soap bubbles, your water is likely to be soft.
• If the water is cloudy and the bottle is not filled with soap bubbles, your water is likely to be hard.
While this test can give you an idea about the hardness of your water, it is only the first step in finding out whether you have hard water. You also need to get your water checked by an expert in the water industry. If you think you have hard water, get in tough with Hague water softeners today. With decades of experience in the water industry, water systems, water treatment, water softeners, and water filters, we can offer you the friendly assistance that you require to handle your hard water.