If you don't have a water softener, you might be wondering if it's worth it to get one. Some of the most common questions, when considering investing into a water softener, are whether or not it's worth the money, if the installation is difficult, and if it even makes a difference. Let's examine some of the benefits of having a quality water softener in your home.
- Less hard mineral deposits: Minerals found in hard water, like calcium magnesium, and sometimes even iron, can stick to surfaces over time. This causes buildup on shower surfaces, like soap scum and calcium deposits. Removing hard water films and deposits from these surfaces is difficult and time consuming. Water softeners remove these hard minerals from your water, making it easier to keep your bathroom surfaces clean and shiny
- Save money on soaps and detergents: Soap and detergents can lather up, dissolve, and rinse away much more efficiently in soft water; therefore, less soap is needed for the same amount of washing.
- Improve the longevity of household appliances: Investing in a water softener can help your household appliances last longer. Water softeners decrease the likelihood of hard mineral deposits, like limescale, building up in piping and causing clogs or other problems. Appliances that regularly use water, like dishwashers, washing machines, and piping, can last much longer and function more efficiently with soft water.
- Cleaner dishes: If your dishes come out of the dishwasher looking filmy, dull, and dirty, you could benefit from the positive impacts of a water softener. Hard water deposits build up on dishes and are very hard to get off. Continually running these dishes in the dishwasher with more hard water only makes the problem worse
- Softer, longer lasting clothes: Minerals in hard water can discolor clothing over time, especially whites. Not only does soft water require less detergent to effectively clean, but it is also easier on fabrics.
Investing in a water softener has many benefits for your household, including saving you from the headache of trying to scrape off hard mineral deposits and soap scum from your shower and bathroom surfaces. Water softeners can help you get your money's worth on household appliances that you use on a regular basis. You use water throughout the day, from brushing your teeth to doing the dishes. A water softener can maximize the efficiency of your water, saving you time and money in the long run. Contact us for more information.